Monday, March 23, 2009

Only good news this time

No. Not good news. GREAT NEWS!

Aaron finished classes last week. He claims he is done being a student for the rest of his life. Hopes are that he'll finish his thesis by June (before the baby arrives) and receive his Master's Degree in Engineering then also. Congratulations honey. You know that I am SO proud of you!

Aaron has also been working on setting up a swing set that a neighbor gave us. This neighbor told us in early January that if we wanted his swing set, to go and get it. So, in freezing temps, Aaron (with some help) got it taken apart and moved into our yard. Since he's been in school, it's taken longer than he would have liked to get it set up in our yard, but his first free Saturday from studying (last Saturday), the kids were able to fully utilize it. They were in heaven.




Now our backyard takes twice as long to mow with the obstacles to mow & weedwhip around.
Olivia got the remainder of her immunizations she needed before starting kindergarten (this fall) this week. Three shots. Not one tear. What a tough girl!


The last part of our great news is that Olivia found my ring!!! I think I freaked her out with all the hugs and kisses and excitement. I held my hopes high the entire time it was missing because of some good friends that let me know their's had gone missing for a month or two and then it would show up.
(Olivia's hand is much cuter than mine these days.)


It really is a miracle though. I swear I lost it in Olivia's room while putting lotion on Carter. Well, Olivia just found it laying on the living room carpet. I have vacuumed in here several times, had several babies playing on this carpet, gone through a disgusting vacuum bag, etc...



I'm so lucky!
(this song is for Cathy)

12 comments:

kbradley said...

That so funny that you dedicated this song to Cathy in the end 'cause as soon as I heard this song I was flooded with memories of us dancing to this in college. Good times....
Glad you got your ring back! Congrats to Aaron on finishing classes. The swing set looks like fun.

Steph and KO said...

Congrats! I'm glad you found the ring and got a new swing set...fun for the kids!

Robyn said...

Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay! The swing set is awesome and I'm so happy about your ring. It's so pretty. Bravo to Olivia for finding it. You should buy her a ring pop as a prize!

I love good news.

Mama D said...

Whew... so glad Olivia found your ring! Congrats to Aaron! What an accomplishment.

And Olivia starting kindergarten? Wow... How are you feeling about that? Half of mine were hard emotionally; the other half much easier. The first and last were particularly difficult. It's a great milestone, though!

Steve and Jamie said...

Congratulations on your great news! Could you please send Olivia over to my house now? I could really use some help finding my wedding ring.

Kayla said...

Yay! I have been hoping you'd find your ring! That is so good. And definitely lucky that it didn't get choked on or vacuumed up!

Amy J said...

wooohoooo! way to go aaron, and way to go Olivia for fining mom's ring (that ring looks beautiful on your finger)

Lori said...

Yay for your ring and for aaron being done with school. That swing set is awesome! What a nice neighbor.

Sylvia said...

Wo, so jealous about the swingset, that'd be awesome! And hooray for finding your ring!!!

Our Sweet Life said...

I am so excited for you that you found your ring!!! And the swingset is amazing! I bet it feel so good to be done with school.

martha corinna said...

Those are good things!

Your ring is beautiful, good thing your found it.

Patty said...

Congrats to Aaron on finishing classes! Yea!! And congrats on finding your ring- that had to be a pretty big "whew" moment! The swingset looks like a lot of fun!