Friday, August 21, 2009

30303030303030

Aaron turned 30 last Monday!
I would have loved to have a little party for him to celebrate his birthday and the fact that his thesis was accepted and he's done with school. But I also wanted to give him what he really wanted...a big, fat...
nothing! Aaron isn't a "spotlight" kind of guy. At. all. So, we did what we usually do, just celebrate with our little family. The kids and I made him this little birthday poster. Can you guess what Olivia colored and what part Carter colored?



Okay, so we did get him a bag of Dorito's. He hadn't had those in a very long time!



Since we had cake for Carter's birthday the previous week, a cookie cake sounded good. Since I'm too cheap to buy one, and didn't want to totally screw up trying to make my own, we did very large chocolate chip cookies instead.





Well, I guess Aaron got more than Dorito's for his birthday. He did tell me that he wanted a framed picture of the kids for his desk at work.

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY AARON!

(Someday I am going to get you those craftsman tool drawers & a barbeque...someday!)

7 comments:

Mama D said...

Happy birthday, Aaron! Congrats on being finished with school!

Your kids are adorable, and that framed picture on his desk will bring lots of compliments from his co-workers!

Amy J said...

look at your children! oh my word! they are sooo cute. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm the cookies look delicious. they looked gigantic in the picture with aaron holding the kiddos. happy birthday aaron!

Brian and Becky said...

I love your blog Shayleen, it's so cute! Happy Birthday Aaron!!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!!! I didn't know him and Tyson had such close b-day's and the same year. It looks like he got everything he wanted and had a great day with his cute family. I like the pic w/ all 3 kids together.

chelle said...

Happpppy Birthday Aaron. Looks like it was right up your alley not being a showy kind of guy.
I LOVE the big cookie idea.
I remember turning 30. But, I wanted a huge party lol. I got my usual lil fam celebration. About like Aaron's. But I didn't get Dorito's. So not fair lol
Congrats on officially being done with school as well.

chelle said...

Guess your a Rascal Flatts fan as well. :) I love that song 'My wish'

Patty said...

Sounds like a good way to spend a birthday! And those cookies looked way yummy!!