Friday, August 28, 2009

Olivia starts kindergarten

This last week was Olivia's first week of kindergarten. Olivia has been looking forward to this day for a very long time. Especially since she never attended a preschool. I began looking forward to this day a few weeks back when Olivia started coming to me much too often saying that she was "bored."

Olivia & I went to school on Monday. Only 1/3 of her class was there and that allowed the teacher to make sure they understood the important thing (like where the restroom was, how to behave on the bus, etc.). I got to go meetings with all the other parents and learn about the PTC, attendance policies, etc.
(I promise that Carter's shirt really does fit him and that we all knew his flip flops were on the wrong feet...he occasionally refuses to put them on the right way.)

Olivia considered this her first day of school.




I would consider Thursday her first day of school (she didn't attend Tuesday or Wednesday since the other 2/3rds of her class had to attend on those days). The most exciting thing on Thursday was getting to ride the bus!

At the bus stop: Olivia, Jamie, Jesse, Alex (Jamie & Jesse are twins)
Olivia has been looking forward to riding the big bus for a year or more.
Yes, I cried.

After Olivia got home, I asked her what she did. Her response was, "Uhm, I don't remember."
Five minutes later she was complaining of bordem.
I can't win.

11 comments:

kbradley said...

The years go by too quickly! Olivia looked confident and ready. Have a good year. Kindergaten is super fun!

Sylvia said...

ha ha ha! Glad i'm not the only one one who's kid refuses to divulge ANY details of what he did at school! And of COURSE we'd hang out if we lived by each other! ;)

Launa said...

Olivia looks so cute for her first day of school. Happy school days Olivia, you are growing up way to fast. I love you
Grandma J

Amy J said...

i cried and cried when kelton started school. i cried again when he started full days in first grade. i love the i'm bored. she is growing up so darn fast, it's unreal

Vicki Lunt said...

Cute hair, cute outfit, beautiful smile, beautiful spirit--what a way to start your first day of kindergarten, Olivia! Hope you enjoy it and have lots of fun and learn lots of new things. And I hope you make some new friends, too.

You are my Precious Angel and I love you very much! Never forget that, ok?

Love,

Grammy

Corrie- said...

Congratulations, Kindergarten is such a big step for the whole family! I can't wait to hear all about it this year. (Please save anything super cute too, I'm always looking for great ideas! :) )

chelle said...

I had tears seeing her get on the bus as well! I remember how hard it was to send your first 'baby' to school.
I kept picturing all that little Olivia had to endure the first few yrs of her life (you as well) and how awesome it is to see her doing so amazingly well after all of that.
Too cute. Matthew starts this week. I thought I'd be ok with it and think I won't cry when he gets on....but if I cried over Olivia...I am toast. I sending my last baby to kindergarten.

heather said...

That is a great day and a emotional day. She seems more than ready though and so so very cute!

J-ME said...

I can't believe that you have a girl in Kindergarten! CRAZY! She looks so cute & Excited to go!

Mama D said...

What a milestone! The first day of kindergarten is one of those mixed emotions parenting moments... Olivia looks so happy and ready for school! Who is her teacher?

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, she is too old. Go back, go back. She looks really cute on her first day. I'm glad she likes school.