Saturday, September 19, 2009

gizzards & duds

My mom and dad came to visit us a few weeks ago. It was great! My dad hasn't been to Ohio since Olivia was just a year old and it was fun to show him our house and such. We didn't get out and do anything real exciting since Olivia was in school. But, my dad did take Carter and Olivia on a couple of pretty big bike rides (for their little legs) and they LOVED it.


Speaking of love...my parents brought out this new light weight back pack for Aaron and he loves it. Aaron is really itching to go back packing now.



We are all loving the fan that my dad helped to install in our basement bathroom. Aaron even got to cut a hole in the side of the house for the exhaust.



My dad helped Aaron install some more outlets in the basement too. We were excited to get rid of all the extension cords we had running around the basement for the tv, deep freeze, etc.



My mom spent most of her time caring for Haylee. She even substitute taught Olivia's primary class on Sunday.
You can tell that my dad was kept very busy with home improvement projects and bike rides.
Thank you mom and dad! Miss you guys already!

ps Carter now likes to pretend that he's been shot in the "gizzard." He also claims that most dandy lions are "duds" when he blows on them and the seeds remain in place.
If you don't know where he learned those terms, I'll give you one guess...

5 comments:

Amy J said...

i saw the title of this entry and new exactly who you would be referring to. lol. i am so happy they came out to see you and helped a bit. we are so spoiled to have them here all the time.

chelle said...

How fun! I didn't realize your parents had even come out. Tells how much I get out. lol
Look slike oyu hada great time and got some much needed (wanted) things done around the house! That has to feel good.

heather said...

Hooray for parents--they are so useful in oh so many ways. It looks like you guys had some fun. It's funny my mom says gizzards too.

Lori said...

That is awesome that both your parents came! I didn't think your dad had ever been there, but I am sure you are extra happy he did. That is so great that he helped w/ many home improvement activities. That is the best. Plus it made your dad feel at home doing so. He is such a handyman. I love the funny pic. It is cute Carter wants to be like grandpa and say the things he says.

Mama D said...

What a fun and productive visit!!