Friday, August 01, 2008

A few more "dings"

Tuesday was a big day. I got my van back! Three and a half weeks after the incident...who knew it would take so long? Not me! I'm new to the whole car accident/working with insurance company thing. And actually now it's going to be even longer because if I'm paying 500 buckaroos (our deductible) for someone else's unwanted goods lying on I75, I want every ding it caused repaired! Yep, I'm being nit-picky! Imagine that ;) So, my van is likely to head to the shop again next week for (fingers crossed) around four days.
I actually had to meet the insurance adjuster today to point out all the "dings" because telling them (at least three times) didn't do the trick. He assured me that I wasn't crazy...
I needed the assurance because two days prior to that, the other insurance guy told me (over the phone) that he didn't see how all those "dings" could be from the accident. How can I make someone understand that I am one of the most honest people around? (except when it comes to telling my 4-year-old about Santa Clause and how babies come out of bellies)
Anyhow, you've never seen the grill and hood of an eight year-old mini van look so shiny! It's a beautiful thing. (The license plate on the other hand...at least it somewhat survived the accident.)




Some things I missed about my van while it was in the repair shop:
*SLIDING DOORS
*keyless entry
*POWER SLIDING DOOR
*gas tank on the drivers side
*programmed radio stations
*cruise control
*my kiddies being able to see out their windows
*having room to pick up friends for playdates
*leather seats (don't want to sound too vain)

There are definitely some things I'll miss about the (base model) Nissan we rented:
*a working CD player
*AWESOME gas mileage
*snazzy orange dash lights with an ODO reading 30,000 miles
*quick braking power (don't ask!)
*that's about it...I'm really a mini van mom

ps Thanks for letting me vent

6 comments:

kbradley said...

Glad you have for Van back (for now)I don't blame you for being so picky. I would do the same plus have then cover massage treatment for the stress of it all. :) Take care.
ps.I'll call you this week. I've had sick kiddos for the last 2 weeks.

Amy J said...

i can't believe it took so long! so happy you have it back. leather seats? you are spoiled!

Robyn said...

I would pretty much trust you with anything Shayleen. That insurance adjuster doesn't know who he's dealing with. I hope that van is up and running soon!

Mama D said...

Glad you have your van back temporarily. It will be worth it to have all the dings out of it.

Until this summer, I have loved our leather seats. When our van's a/c recently went out during the hottest weeks of the summer, I began to question our sanity for having leather seats! It is terrible!! But in a month when it starts to cool down and I have the easy-to-wipe-up-kid-messes leather, I will be glad again! If we're lucky, the a/c will get fixed before the temps drop, and then we will have the best of both worlds! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your car back. It looks very pretty.

chelle said...

so glad you got your van back and that you are fighting for what is rightly yours! YOU GO GIRL!!