Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lucky 7

Aaron and I will celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary next Saturday. Since we plan to be out of town, I wanted to post before we leave. Our celebration this year will be something that I've wanted to do for a long time...attend General Conference at the Conference Center. I am really excited to have the experience of being in the same room as the Prophet!

My sister-in-law tagged me on her post awhile back for this:
Husband Tag--

1. Where did you meet? At FHE for Young Single Adult's in Atlanta. (Church activity)
2. How long did you date before you were married? Eight Months
3. How long have you been married for? 7 years
4. What does he do that surprises you? Uhm...comes home from work early without calling? I think he's scared of surprising me.
5. What's your favorite feature about him? blue eyes and nice teeth
6. Whats your favorite quality about him? He's such a kind person with a good sense of humor
7. Does he have a nickname for you? not that I can think of
8. What is his favorite color? Navy blue (for clothes), black (for home decor)
9. Whats his favorite food? MEAT & potatoes
10. What is his favorite sport? football and wrestling (not WWE)
11. Who said I love you first? Hehe...me.
12. When and Where was your first kiss? Valentine's Day 2001. The end of our 2nd date. Backyard of Edye's home (the lady I nannied for).
13. Whats your favorite thing to do as a couple? Uhm...when we actually get to go on dates, we enjoy going to the batting cages (we've only been twice ;). We also like going to Home Depot & Best Buy and dreaming of all the neat things we could do to our house.
14. Do you have kids? How many? 2
15. What is a hidden talent that he has? He's a fix-it man! Check out the shelf he made me for all my canned goods.


16. How old is he? 29 forever
17. What's his favorite type of music? country
18. What do you admire most about him? He's really good at playing with Carter and Olivia. He's very loving with them.

19. Whats his favorite past time? eating, sleeping, sports and home improvement.
20. Do you think he is going to read this? yup


Whoa - Did I just make Aaron seem boring? He's NOT! I'm going to try this again:

1. Where did you meet? Backing packing through Eastern Europe
2. How long did you date before you were married? 3 weeks
3. How long have you been married for? 7 years
4. What does he do that surprises you? Buys me these gigantic diamonds occasionally.
5. What's your favorite feature about him? His large bank account.
6. Whats your favorite quality about him? His large bank account.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Muffin top (I still don't know where he came up with that)
8. What is his favorite color? Jungle green
9. Whats his favorite food? Iguana
10. What is his favorite sport? Cricket
11. Who said I love you first? We both said it at the SAME TIME. What an amazing moment it was.
12. When and Where was your first kiss? The Amazon Rain forest
13. Whats your favorite thing to do as a couple? wrestle alligators
14. Do you have kids? How many? 2
15. What is a hidden talent that he has? He doesn't need a car jack when he's changing a car tire
16. How old is he? Physically it's 18. Mentally it's 35.

17. What's his favorite type of music? Polka
18. What do you admire most about him? His large bank account
19. Whats his favorite past time? solving multiple rubix cubes simultaneously
20. Do you think he is going to read this? yup

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY! I LOVE YOU!

13 comments:

Lori said...

I was just thinking that your anniversary was coming up. I only remember because your wedding anniversary is on our dating anniversary, not that we still celebrate it but I don't forget the date. It was nice reading about Aaron and getting to know him more.

kbradley said...

So funny! Have a great trip! Happy Anniversary! Ps. I'm not a fan of country music, but this song is really sweet.

Corrie- said...

I love the jazzed up version of the husband tag...you're so funny! Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple!

chelle said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a wonderful time at Conference. Maybe...just maybe, we will see you out there in the sea of Mormons!!
You are too funny. Love the second answers.
BTW, I am borrowing this for my blog. Michael just said to me the other day, "You need more things about me on your blog!"

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Seven years already? Wow, you guys are totally get up there! Happy anniversary! And I loved the things about Aaron. As I was reading them I kept thinking, "Yep, that sounds about right." Miss you guys!

The Wacky Wilkins said...

You are hilarious!! Thanks for the giggles! Seven years?!?! Good grief, how life sneaks up on you! Amazing.

Louann and Bari said...

How cute!!! I love both sets of answers. Congratulations to BOTH of you !!!

Cheril Lunt said...

Ok so now you know what we want for christmas the year that you have us Aaron... or atleast the instructions... Happy 7 years you too...

Steph and KO said...

Congrats on seven...you guys are right behind us. I think Aaron is making the rest of our husbands look really bad! Happy Anniversary and have a safe trip!

i'm erin. said...

HOly cow your hubby rocks my world! I seriously love your food storage...i am recently trying to bulk mine up and find nifty storage ideas and you rock! Congrats on number 7! Call me if you are in town and I will throw in some couple and family shots for free!

My number is on my blog or you can just email me.

Mama D said...

Congrats on 7 years! What a great tribute to Aaron.

I love those food storage shelves. If (when) we have money, we'd pay him to make us some. :)

Leslie said...

Holy cow! I didn't realize that you guys also wrestle alligators! We should totally go together sometime!

By the way, we really did only date 3 weeks before we were engaged! What can I say, James was a fast mover! ;)

Our Sweet Life said...

I love that shelving for your food storage. Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a great day!!